TP-Link actively surprises us with its innovations in the world of telecommunications. And all in order to satisfy us, not only with high-quality Internet coverage at home or in the country, but also with its modern functionality.
That’s why today we have an updated version of the TP-Link Archer C54 router (which we reviewed earlier) – TP-Link Archer C64 router!
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac Wave 2 – up to 867 Mbps at 5 GHz, up to 300 Mbps at 2.4 GHz.
- Increased Wi-Fi coverage – 4 antennas provide stable wireless connection and optimal coverage
- MU-MIMO – twice as many simultaneous connections.
- Beamforming – concentrated directional Wi-Fi signal.
- Access point mode – Ability to create a new Wi-Fi access point.
- Smart Connect – Puts users in the least busy range and sets the same airtime for everyone.
- Easy setup – Easy network management with TP-Link Tether.
Inside the box is carefully placed a very classic set of budget router:
- router itself
- 12 V / 1 A power supply
- Category 5E patch cord just over 1 m long
- documentation in the form of a quick setup guide
- Warranty Card
The TP-Link Archer C64 router is quite compact and lightweight. Its laconic and minimalist design in black color will definitely attract everyone and will easily fit into any interior.
The top of the device is half “closed with wavy slate”. On the other half is the TP-Link logo.
There are small legs on the bottom of the case. There is also a sticker with device identification and QR-code for quick connection to the network with factory settings “default”. There is also a wall mount for the router.
On the front side, except for barely visible indicators of power, activity of each Wi-Fi band and wired interfaces, there is nothing.
The LAN LED is common to all four ports.
WAN LED allows you to immediately determine the presence of a connection to the World Wide Web: if there are problems, the green light changes to orange.
The peculiarity of the indication is the absence of blinking LEDs during data transmission activity: the indicators simply light up if everything works according to plan.
All indication has a characteristic feature of the manufacturer – in the settings of the router there is a possibility of forcibly disabling the “illumination” on schedule. This is very convenient, because you can “turn off the lights” at night so as not to irritate anyone. What I actively use and recommend to you.
There is nothing on the back wall except the power connector, LAN / WAN ports and the combined WPS reset / enable button.
The antennas are non-removable, can rotate 225 degrees along the mounting axis and deviate to the side by 90 degrees.
Archer C64 is a dual-band router that supports the 802.11ac Wave 2 standard. in the 2.4 GHz band.
The router has a fairly powerful processor with a clock speed of 1.2 GHz.
There is support for MU-MIMO. Recall that this technology allows routers to communicate (transmit data) with multiple devices simultaneously.
4 external Wi-Fi antennas are responsible for stable wireless coverage.
There is support for Beamforming technology, which very accurately directs the signal beam towards the connected device.
Key features of TP-Link Archer C64
- Smart Connect support. This technology allows you to automatically distribute users ranges for even load distribution. It also sets the same airtime for all devices.
- Support for TP-Link Tether application for smartphone configuration and management.
- Support for WPA3, which provides a high level of wireless security and protection against brute force attacks.
- Supports TP-Link ID for remote management.
- Two modes:
- access point.
- Guest Wi-Fi network.
- Wi-Fi schedule.
- IPTV support.
- Ability to update the router’s firmware via the Internet.
- Backlight control function.
There are three ways to connect:
- Connecting the router via Ethernet cable to PC
- Connecting a router via WI-FI connection to a PC
- Connecting a router via a Tether app on a smartphone
If you downloaded the Tether application, you do not need a PC, you press the “+” button in the same application and follow the instructions. Everything is as simple and convenient as possible!
As you already know, you can manage and configure the router from the mobile application TP-Link Tether, which is available for both Android and iOS.
The functionality of this application allows you to do almost anything you can do with a router from a PC.
A big plus of the application is the ability to manage multiple devices from a single TP-Link-ID account.
The manufacturer’s website states that this router is suitable for three-room apartments. This refers to the range of the wireless network. So it was tested in practice. Have you measured your speed in two ranges.
Option # 1 (5 m from the router)
Option # 2 (10 m from the router and one wall)
Option # 3 (20 m from the router and two walls)
I think the results are more than satisfactory.
The TP-Link Archer C64 router is another budget, stylish and functional router that handles the tasks assigned to it. Buy, enjoy and enjoy.